Tuesday, May 8, 2012
|Compost Builds Healthy Soil. Dig in!|
For the past 13 years International Compost Awareness Week (ICAW) has served the important role of bringing the Compost! message to the attention of the public, businesses and other groups. We at Harvest Blend Compost want you to know how easy it is to buy and use bulk compost for your lawn and garden.
To make it easy for our Community to discover all the terrific things compost does for your landscape we hope you’ll join us at our FREE LAWN & GARDEN WORKSHOP:
· Sat., May 12 @ Mussell Senior Center
· 510 E. Park Ave.
· Santa Maria, CA 93454
· FREE COMPOST! B.Y.O.B (Bring Your Own Bucket)
· FREE VEGGIE TRANSPLANTS!
Engel & Gray, Inc., Harvest Blend Compost and the City of Santa Maria Utilities/Rec & Parks Depts. are presenting this event to promote landscape improvement through compost use and water conservation techniques. Free compost and vegetable transplants will be available, so don’t forget your bucket or bin! For more information please visit www.GotCompost.com
Or call Melissa @ Engel & Gray, Inc. - (805) 925-2771
Incorporating compost into your landscape is easy and economical. Whether you need a little compost to spruce up flower beds or a few yards to top dress lawns; help is only a phone call away. For the homeowner interested in renewing lawn and garden; there’s no better soil amendment than compost. It’s 100% natural, providing vital nutrients and organic matter that soil needs to be considered healthy. Compost has a variety of uses – some of the most beneficial are:
· Lawn Top Dressing: applying a layer of compost to the surface of the lawn will improve soil and grass for a lush, green turf.
· Turf Establishment: amending soil with compost provides nutrients and improves water holding capacity; saving money on water!
· Flower & Vegetable Gardens: adding compost before planting creates the perfect foundation for new plants. Or top dress existing beds to give soil a boost.
· Tree & Shrub backfill mix: compost opens compacted soil; adding oxygen for an improved root system.
Call 805.925.2771 to speak with a Harvest Blend Compost field rep. Or, email Info@HarvestBlendCompost.com
Please ‘Like’ us on Facebook.